It's been a long time since I update this blog of mine. Every book out day is very precious, time is very limited, especially when you are booking out on Saturday afternoon, that leave with only around 30 hours of free time.
11 th march 2008, my POP day in Pulau Tekong after 9 weeks of BMT. Well, thinking back what I've done in this 9 weeks is really memorable. having the first 2 weeks as confinement week aka adjustment week. Time pass quite slowly in the first 2 weeks. Lots of laundry have to be wash and lots to settle. Then comes to the field camp, 6 days, I was having a sulking face almost everyday because it's boring. It was then we realised that the bunk is really a very comfortable place to stay in.
Having joined the Drill Squad, I was kind of excited initially, because we are representing our company to take part in the competition on week 8. Since the early stage on my BMT, selection was done based on our drills, I was quite elated to be 1 of the 30 recruits(main team) representing the coy. Training had also started soon after selection. Training really takes up a lot of our free time, which is when I started to complain and regret for this decision. Whenever someone says "Drill squad, fall in!", my section-mate will always know I don't like it.
Time passes and it's coming to the few days before the competition. Fancy drill is really interesting and fun, but no doubt it is also not easy to master them well. I was still blur with some of the drills by then, where stress and fatigue further makes me wanting to quit. Some of the sirs and commanders can also tell that I am one of those that always make mistake in the movement. Finally, I went to my Sgt in charge of the drill squad and told him that if he think I cannot make it, please don't hesitate to replace me with the reserve. He told me that he will observe and see how is it.
Here comes the actual day. After watching some of the other coy's performance, more stress is there. We form up at the parade square, upon hearing the command from our commander, we know we had to really focus 100% for that 10 to 15 minutes.
Everything is over, we know we had some mistakes here and there. I didn't really expect a lot so as long we are not last. Our CSM came to ask and say mostly likely a 2nd or 3rd in position out of 7 coys. I was happy and sad. "Really no chance of getting first?", I asked the guy beside me. We just went back to rest and await for the result.
"Drill squad heads out!"
Sgt announced the result to the whole of Pegasus. He pointed out only his index finger. I couldn't believe it! We actually get 1st! We are the champions! Laugher and cheering bring up the happy atmosphere.
Practice and practice till the day of POP. We will have to performance with music this time. Fortunately, we are able to find a right song to suit the fancy drills at such a short period of time. I think everything goes well with music, showing the importance of music in our life.
After POP, photo taking session among platoon 3. After this, we are all going to out own paths. Will definitely miss them, the commanders and the place, the bunks, the cook house, the parade square and the surrounding. Till we meet again.
Hopefully can post up some pictures soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment