Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Went for a swim in the afternoon. Saw these 2 china man swimming. Both of them arrived the same time as me. Both of them seems to be competing with each other. They started off fast with freestyle. They were swimming non stop till coming near to 20 laps? Both of them were damn good in stamina. Maybe they were trained in their country. Just when I was about to leave after the session, an old man started chatting with me. He started the conversation asking if I am a regular of the swimming complex, I told him not really. He says that explain why I am fair in complexion. hahaha...I was like laughing inside. To think that he could start off a conversation like this, and to think he is rather fair too. He mentioned that he can't really swim fast and needed rest to complete his lap of swimming. He thus ask me guess his age. To give him some face, I said 60 plus, 70 plus (but he really look like 70 plus), he is 80. Beside him there is this old ang moh, he was chatting with him as well, overheard that he is from France. I asked him if he was his friend, he told me that he just happened to saw him on few occasions in the pool, saying that he will leave once he completed his 20 laps. But that Caucasian has got a good built, given his age (looks in his 60+ to 70). Lastly, I bid goodbye to the old man, who seems wanting to have more conversation with me. With less than 10 people in the pool, strangely I around 6 of them are senior citizens. Maybe that's their prime time of the day in pool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment